Captions provided by CCTubes – Captioning the Internet! Get the written recipe on my website: http://www.LauraintheKitchen.com
Makes 12 or 16 depending on size
For the crust:
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1 tsp of vanilla bean paste or Extract
For the caramel layer:
10 oz of Soft Caramels
2 Tbsp of Heavy Cream
2/3 cup of Salted Roasted Peanuts
For the chocolate:
8 oz of Semisweet Chocolate (use good bar chocolate instead of chips if you can)
2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, spray with some non stick spray and set aside.
2) In a bowl, quickly cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt, mix until a dough forms, and pat the dough in your prepared pan.
3) Use a fork and pierce the surface of the dough, pop it in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool.
4) In a microwave safe bowl, add the caramels and cream, melt in a microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth, stir in the peanuts, pour mixture over the crust, slow to cool for just 5 minutes.
5) In a separate microwave bowl, add the butter and chocolate and melt in the microwave same as the caramels. Pour over the caramel, smooth the top and pop it in the fridge until set.
Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/LauraintheKitchen
Contact: [email protected]